Sunday, June 21, 2009

annyeong-haseyo everyone!

Today was a fun day in Seoul! This morning I went to a Korean Christian church with Mom and it was very interesting because I did not understand a thing that was said. I am glad that I had a translated Bible to read because her brother's church did not have an English translator. So Mom did the best she could for me because the preacher was speaking very fast. After church I met Mom's brother and his family and we went to a very nice Italian Resturant. My cousin Peter is in the 3rd grade and he played the violin for me after lunch. He is very talented because as you will see and hear in my video he taught himself how to play. When i left he started to cry because he did not want me to go and I felt really bad! So after we ate Mom and I drove around Seoul and she showed me some famous places to Korea like the Seoul Art Center. We walked around a muesum and we got hungry so John, Mom's Boyfriend, took us to this sushi resturant by the west coast of Korea.. the ocean is not as pretty as the one's in Florida! But it was a nice view and of course we had to sit on the floor again with no shoes! This time we had little floor chairs to sit on which was good for my back! The food was beyond crazy because Mom and John had live octopus!! I am not joking I ALMOST GOT SICK WHEN I FIRST SAW HER EAT ONE!! This package dinner came with some weird stuff and I tried a few things but I didn't go back for seconds thats for sure! I had fried eel, which was very interesting. This resturant was an hour away from Mom's house so on the way home I was able to see Seoul and Incheon at night... which was awesome because there are so many lights due to all the buildings and such. I got some money out of my uncle and mom's boyfriend.. she was definitely jealous about that haha! Of course everyone I met and say hello to in korean say i am cute because i try to say it quickly like mom does.. haha i am a pro at it now though. Today, I ordered a drink by myself in korean.. i was kind of bad but i got my drink! ok so i am off to bed thanks everyone for keeping up with the blog!
or in korean annyeong-hi geseyo (goodbye)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, where is the video of Peter playing the violin? We want to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the video is now up it took me awhile to figure it out.. mom's computer is all in korean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i expect to be given korean lessons when you get back. i can already count to 10 and sing part of "twinkle, twinkle little star". i'll teach you those and you can teach me something else
    :-)

    ReplyDelete