Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1st

So today is Mom's Bday and we went to Outback Steakhouse! The one here is not the same as the one back home because they have a shorter selection of foods to chose from! I ordered this seafood pasta.. I was so disgusted because it had octopus in it and I was reminded by the Father's Day dinner we had when dad put one of those things in my plate! I am glad that I was able to be here for mom's bday with her because we had a really good time together. Yet, I am starting to miss home ! The food here is starting to get to me.. eating rice everyday is not something I will miss either!!! I am learning so much here, and as each day goes by i think about how I truly appreciate all the little things back home. I never thought I would miss pizza, my bed haha, and also the freedom I had!!! Mom and I are getting along but she definitely is starting to annoy me with all of the questions .. haha like " Jessica, did you brush your teeth?" .... lol but I just bit my tounge and answer because I know she loves me.

Today, I went to Shinchon by myself and I met up with Christina, the friend I made while I was stuck in Japan. She is studying here for the summer so she will be here until August, so I will have someone to hang out with while Mom is busy. She is from New York so communication is no problem!

Well I am teaching English classes again tomorrow so we will see how that goes!

Thanks for everything!

Jessica D

No comments:

Post a Comment